Wednesday, February 4, 2015

Welcome

IThis is the blog for the Reynolds High School wood shop program. 

My name is Erich Schneider and I will be the new teacher. I have been building houses since I was three. (I wasn't so good at first. My first claim to fame was nailing my dad's linoleum floor.)  For fun, I build various things in my own workshop, including a wood strip kayak and paddleboard. Next up is a 16' sailboat. To support my addiction to wood, I have been teaching in the Reynolds School District for the last fifteen years. 

I'm excited to bring some new changes to the wood shop program. This program is all about YOU and giving you the skills to make money doing something awesome, or simply learning a craft as a happy diversion. I've done both!

I've set up a twitter feed @RHSwoodshop where I will post announcements and open shop times. This blog will showcase our work and will also include class notes and longer announcements that won't fit on twitter. 

Next up will be a web site for class information, syllabi, grading criteria, etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment